Open Heaven 27 December 2020 MEMORIZE: I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD. Psalms 122:1
Bible Reading: PSALMS 122:1-2 Open Heaven 27 December 2020
1. I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD.
2. Our feet shall stand within thy gates, O Jerusalem.
BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR: Revelation 1:1-20, Revelation 2:1-29, Revelation 3:1-22, Revelation 4:1-11, Revelation 5:1-14
MESSAGE: – Open Heaven 27 December 2020 Sunday Daily Devotional
Technology is a good thing; it is very effective in enhancing the worship experience, but it must be used with caution so it does not rob us of the worship experience that we need. There is a new trend now where people prefer to sit at home and connect to a service through their Television, a website or social media.
Believe me, what you get while watching through these means can never be the same as when you attend the service physically, especially if there is really nothing stopping you from doing so. When you connect to a service from home, you are prone to lots of distractions. Someone could knock on your door and distract you; you could even remember something you wanted to do and decide to do it while still watching the service.
You could also decide to cook while watching the service, meaning whenever you are attending to the food, you are missing something. On the other hand, when you attend the service physically, you have few or no distractions as you and everyone around you have only one focus God.
More importantly however, is the atmosphere of worship; being in that Spirit-filled environment should not be traded for anything. The fire from the fellow beside you who is praying or worshipping will ignite yours and you would reach realms you could not have attained had you been sitting at home to watch the service. Jesus said:
“For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.” – Matthew 18:20
Watching Him move in the midst of a group of people gathered in His name can give you a bit of the action, but it can never be the same as when you are physically present amongst the group. So, except there is absolutely no way you can attend the service based on circumstances beyond your control, it is better that you attend Christian fellowships physically. As you do so, the power of God’s Spirit will locate and lift you, in the mighty name of Jesus.
KEY POINT:- Open Heaven 27 December 2020
Attend services physically, and make use of digital platforms only when necessary.
Open Heaven 27 December 2020 Hymn
Hymn: Nearer My God to Thee
1. Nearer, my God, to Thee, Nearer to Thee; E’ en though it be a cross That raiseth me, Still all my song shall be Nearer, my God, to Thee, Nearer, my God, to Thee, Nearer to Thee.
2. Though, like a wanderer The sun gone down, Darkness comes over me, My rest a stone; Yet in my dreams I’d be Nearer, my God, to Thee Nearer, my God, to Thee Nearer to Thee.
3. There let me see the sight, An open heaven; All that thou sendest me, In mercy given; Angles to beckon me Nearer, my God, to Thee Nearer, my God, to Thee Nearer to Thee
4. Then, with my walking thoughts Bright with Thy praise, Out of my stony griefs Bethel I’ll raise, So by my woes to be Nearer, my God, to Thee, Nearer, my God, to Thee, Nearer to Thee
5. Or if on joyful wing Cleaving the sky Sun, moon, and stars forgot, Upwards I fly, Still all my song shall be, Nearer my God to Thee, Nearer my God to Thee, Nearer to Thee!
That all for Open Heaven 27 December 2020 Sunday, do consider to bookmark this site for your Open heavens daily devotionals and also if you missed yesterday Devotional click to read Open Heaven 26 December 2020 Saturday and may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob continue to keep us all. God bless you. Open Heaven 27 December 2020 Sunday. Please comment and share what you have learnt, you might be a blessing to others.